Special Needs - CBEBP Transitions
What is Transitions:
Transitions is a BIG LOTTERY funded programme for students in years 10 and 11 and because of this schools would not incur any charge from Central Berkshire Education Business Partnership (CBEBP).
CBEBP appreciates that each student has a different set of needs, therefore with each need comes a tailor-made Transitions package.
Transitions Offers Four Workshops:
- Time Management
- CV Writing
- Interview Techniques
- Team Building Activity
Transitions Outcomes: the aim is for students to
- Gain confidence in applying for further education opportunities or employment
- Gain self-confidence and increase self esteem
- Increase their communication skills with both peers and adults
- Meet local business people to gain first hand advice and guidance in their industry
- Widen students social group for life after school
Who Can Enrol With Transitions?
- Students who have a Special Education Need - students do not have to have a statement to be enrolled with Transitions.
- Students who need help to improve their social skills
- Students who lack confidence or have low self esteem
- Students who are at risk of becoming NEET (Not in Education, Employment or Training)
For futher details about Transitions please contact Dianne Brooks.